Saturday, February 04, 2006

Am I mean?

I have to tell you about one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I quite literally laughed out loud. I was at the cashier at the bookstore and I looked over to the little stand of gum and breath mints. There was a mint tin with a little cartoon bunny on it, holding both of his front paws over his snout.

It read “Your breath made me throw up a little. Please enjoy a mint.”

I bought it immediately.

Now I’ve heard that “… made me throw up a little” has already come and gone from the fashionable slang vernacular, but it was never a big catch phrase in my circle. Consequently, I hadn’t grown tired of it, and found it hilarious. Maybe because I actually know people with breath that bad, it struck a cord with me. And picturing myself handing them that mint tin just tickles me. Would they get it? Would they know it was tongue-in-cheek? Would they see the grain of truth in the joke? Makes me smile just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home