Saturday, February 04, 2006

Uneven

I think one of my arms is shorter than the other. Not by too much, maybe a quarter to a half inch. Seems my sleeves never end at the same point on my wrists. Or I’m just lucky enough to always buy shirts with uneven sleeves… always the left one a little longer than the right… Yeah, not likely.

I noticed a long time ago (during a brief self-portrait phase) that my nostrils are asymmetrical. One of my eyes has worse vision than the other. And I have a weird hip thing. Found that out while shopping for prom dresses one year. Long, slinky dresses really emphasize my weird, uneven hips… and they make me look even shorter than I already am, so, needless to say, I went with a different style.

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I’ve heard everyone is asymmetrical in some way, so I guess I don’t quite feel like a freak of nature. I know people with different sized feet, or different sized breasts. But it is weird to think about. Maybe I can have fun with it, guessing what makes different people asymmetrical, take bets or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home