Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm just giddy

Partially it’s because I’ve had a cup of coffee and, not being much of a caffeine drinker, I’m rather sensitive to it - unlike you grizzled folks who can down an entire pot and promptly fall asleep.

But mostly I’m excited for two reasons:

1. I was actually the source of someone else’s blog fodder. I’m proud to say that I “inspired” the latest post from The Scripturient who’s link you can find off to the right there. Because I’m relatively computer illiterate, or possibly because I am using a Mac, I don’t know how to do the fancy embedding of the link directly into my post. You people are lucky that I can occasionally figure out how to post pictures. I’m sure that Scripturient would have posted about “Heroes” anyway, much like his previous posts about other geeky/comic book-related TV shows. I just got a jump on him as he is my newest victim – receiving question-laden emails about such shows (e.g. Battlestar Galactica) from me usually along the lines of “What the hell?” “What were they thinking with this plot twist?” or the ever popular “Now I’m really confused…” Look at me go. I really feel like I’m part of a blogging community now.

2. I got an email from a real live celebrity. This will be my second in my whole life. The first was from Cash Peters, and I blogged about that already. This one was from David Hewlett – from my other guilty pleasure show “Stargate Atlantis” (shut up, I’m allowed). Turns out Mr. Hewlett has a MySpace page promoting his movie “A Dog’s Breakfast” (http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/). The trailers had me laughing out loud, possibly because I’m already biased into liking him, but I’d like to think I could look past that. He also writes a blog that I find equally entertaining. I suggest you peruse it for yourself.

I just don’t know how I’m going to fall asleep tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger craig said...

I bet this will make you feel even giddier: you're my #1 referrer! *Seven* people found me through you! You've put me well along the path of quitting my day job and just living large from my web site!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home