Monday, December 11, 2006

My new TV boyfriend

I have a new crush. His name is Bear Grylls and he’s the star of Man vs. Wild on the Discovery Channel. He looks a bit like Christian Bale, has a British accent and can survive anywhere. The shows I’ve seen have him going places where tourists have gotten lost or stranded and perhaps have died. He’s going to show you what you should do, should you find yourself similarly stranded. Much like Cash Peters, they just kind of drop him off somewhere and he’s got to get himself back to civilization. But he does know where he’s headed, and he’s got a few supplies (like the parachute he jumped out of the helicopter with). And I think he’s studied up a bit on the environment before he gets there because he’s full of useful tips and even gets himself into rotten situations on purpose to show you how to get out. He just jumped into a frozen lake to show me (yes, me) how to get out again. Once out, he completely stripped down out of his wet clothes and did some push-ups to “get the blood flowing again.”

Nice bum.

I’m smitten.

And yes, I can have the TV on in the background while I crunch numbers and grudgingly make changes to my paper per my boss’s “request.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

So I caught a preview of the your guy's lost in Africa episode, in which he hefts a hunk of elephant poop above his head and squeezes some "water" into his mouth.

That ought to spice up your Bear fantasies.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of eating things not normally considered "food" in my house. Creeps me out. I choose to ignore that. Pretend it doesn't exist.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home