Monday, October 29, 2007

Overtime

Date #2: The corn maze.

I drove to his house so that I could get a tour of his house. Wow - if you thought I was anal, this guy is boarderline OCD. His creativity comes out with his decorating, so his house looks almost professionally decorated. He also has some nice man-toys and I have to admit that I’m looking forward to getting my hands on some of them myself.

The weather was perfect. We had a great drive through the country to the orchard. There were 3 levels to the maze - we breezed through levels 1 & 2 without a problem. We were hardly paying attention, gabbing the whole time, and made it through to the end. Level 3 kicked our asses. We didn't get through it. We even tried to cheat and got totally called out by these 10-year-olds. So, to massage our bruised egos we went to the little store and had cider brats and cider. I also introduced him to apple butter – the poor sheltered man. He had no idea what he was missing out on.

Then I was off to a beef stew fundraiser with my friend The Hygenist. It's been a while since I've had beef stew and it was pretty damn good! Afterwards The Hygenist and I went for a walk and saw the orange almost-full moon. She turns to me and says “Now, what is that supposed to mean?” The only answer I could come up with was “Um, particulate in the air? I dunno.” She looked at me blankly and said “I didn’t want a scientific answer.” Sorry, that’s about all I’ve got.

He picked me up afterwards and brought me some ice cream that he'd *made* while we were having beef stew. Yes, try to contain your jealousy - he does make his own ice cream. One was vanilla with Reese's peanut butter cups, and the other was chocolate. SO yummy. He got the tour of my place and a walk through the family pics out on display.

Then we were off to the light display. I'd never been to one before and I was pretty impressed. I think the volcano with flowing lava was our favorite. We also did their light maze and only got turned around twice. I would have kicked his ass at air hockey but it was broken. Back at his house we watched Cars on his giant TV. Both of us are normally early risers so we were struggling to stay awake to the end of the movie.

Unofficial Date #3: Sunday night he joined The Dentist, her mom, The Hygenist and I for a movie - Dan in Real Life. It was pretty funny and cute. You have to love Steve Carell. A good time had by all.

I’m looking forward to Official Date #3.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rising Rainbow said...

A man that makes his own ice cream, hmmmmm........

7:43 PM  
Blogger LabTech said...

"man toys" huh? - you seem rather excited to be able to "get your hands on them." LOL!

Sorry - couldn't resist.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in the Midwest can you find a corn maze. How cool is that?

6:19 PM  
Blogger Dr. Who said...

Actually, they have corn mazes down in the south as well, but their corn only grows shoulder high. Not as fun when you can see how to get out.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home