Monday, October 22, 2007

"That's almost a full work day!"

OK, the much anticipated update on Lil Kate’s social life. Well, then again, maybe not as I’ve either a) talked to you on the phone or b) personally emailed you about it already. Feel free to skip this one should you find yourself nodding off.

Saturday I had my first *real* date. I say *real* only because technically he was a stranger to me, an acquaintance if you want to be generous. In other words: he wasn’t plucked from the established friend pool.

We met for dinner, and gabbed the whole time. Of course, those of you familiar with my neurosis know that I hardly ate anything.

Then we were off to see Michael Clayton (similar plot to Erin Brockovich – many more explosions and murders) during which there was no talking (just the way I like it).

Afterwards the hilarity ensued: tried going to the Starbucks nearby to gab some more only to find that it was closing in 25 minutes. Off to Target (with a Starbucks inside).

Well, their Starbucks was also closed, so we walked around a bit, looked at Halloween costumes and removable hooks for Christmas lights (hey, I need to get some anyway… and we were already there… why the hell not? Shut up. He liked it). Then Target was closing.

Caribou across the street was closed. Last resort: your friendly neighborhood Applebee’s (wow, I watch too much TV). And there we gabbed until about 12:30 – way past my bedtime.

Logging 7 hours on a first date? Not bad.

My impression: good. We will continue dating.

The juicy details have already been communicated to a majority of the interested trusted parties. Those feeling left out know where to find me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spill it, Kate. :)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Dressage Mom said...

Target closes? I thought they were 24 hours!

8:57 AM  
Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Even if you like this guy, if someone else asks you out, you should still go. When you have other options, you come off less nervous, which makes you more attractive.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Thanks for the tip, HIN. I'll keep that in mind. Can't say I'm exactly beating them off with sticks... but should the occasion arise...

1:51 PM  
Blogger craig said...

Must... resist... beat off... joke...

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Oh Craig... I cringe... but you're right... I totally set you up!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home