Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I prefer reading

That’s why I haven’t been posting. If I have free time, my nose is in my book. Sorry, folks, that’s just the way it goes. Not that I don’t love you, but you complain so little, I don’t feel bad about it.

OK – what have I been up to?

Finally got to take a trip up to the Mall of America (the MOA for those in the know) with my coworker. We’d been talking about it for a while. It was a very successful trip. I got new sneakers, *FOUR* pairs of jeans that I don’t have to cuff (28-30” inseam – make a note), and a new tea toy (Tevana didn’t have any more mesh tea balls, so I opted for the pour-through strainer-type dealy).

Rumor had it that my boss was pleased with my progress. Though, upon further questioning about context, it seems to be 50% compliment to me and 50% slam on the 2 previous grad students. Then the rumor was confirmed when the boss actually said the vaguely described comment to my face. I’m still ambiguous. But today he asked me to accompany him on his morning coffee run – bought me some tea and chatted with me, NOT about anything work related. So I’m thinking he thinks I’m alright.

Spend this last weekend up in Northern WI with the ‘rents. It was a beautiful weekend – upper 70’s to low 80’s, sunny every day with a puppy to play with. Not to mention traffic was not nearly as infuriating as I had feared it would be. My head didn’t come close to exploding. And I got to soak in some of the fall colors that are starting up there. Seems a bit early, but I guess that happens when it’s been dry and the trees are stressed.

Anywho – Saturday Grandma and Auntie drove up from the hometown to spend the day with Mom and I at Applefest in Eagle River. Lots of interesting craft booths. LOTS of jewelry for sale – but I kept my head and consequently my money. Sunday we went out to lunch with an old classmate of Stepdad’s, took the dogs swimming, had a couple motorcycle rides, and went miniature golfing after dinner. A good day. Love the puppy. Monday I stopped by the G’rents’ place on my way home. They were coring and slicing apples like fiends – freezing bags of them away for winter pies. Pretty slick operation with the little gizmo they have to do it with. Traffic was bumper-to-bumper for a bit on the way south, but that was because of an accident – not because of monster traffic. Now that the tourist season is over, things should be much quieter up there.

Now I’m back at work until Thursday afternoon when I take off for the Great Roommate Escape (I’ll be putting in just under 2.5 days of work this week). Should be a blasty blast. I’ll update you when I get back. Promise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't show up on your stat counter, because I've got you bookmarked. I just click on that when I want to read your crazy rants. I'm bypassing all your tinker toys. :)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so it doesn't count on the stats if i bookmarked you? cheats you, i sez

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home