Friday, June 02, 2006

Slowly backing away from the edge

I'm slowly disenganging from my panic. It's sinking in, the sad reality that it is. And now that I'm taking steps to do something about it (as much as I can - I am Fortune's fool!) I feel a tad better.

I've posted my resume.
I've broken the news to my boss and he didn't have a negative reaction (quite unusual for him, so I'm grateful).
I have a list of places that I want to look into.
And I'm checking to see if I can extend my Aug/Sept lease out to November or December (I'm anticipating the worst).
I've also scheduled a committee meeting for July 10.

I think that I'm looking at graduating in October/November now. That was the hardest part to get a handle on - the part that had me pressed up to the edge. It's a bitch when you can see that light at the end of the tunnel, but no matter how fast you run, there's somebody else moving that light farther and farther away from you. Damn light-movers! Damn you all! To a dark, tunnel-ly hell! May you be perpetually tormented as you tormented in life! I really should get a pulpit that I can thump as I damn. I think that would really make it official. Or at least FEEL official.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home