Sunday, June 04, 2006

Stop and Smell the Roses / The Trifecta

Thought one:
Over the weekend I've found and people will literally stop and smell the roses. Outside of my research building is a row of pink and white rose bushes that are blooming pretty dramatically right now. As I watch people walk by them, a large number of them actually stop to smell the roses. I don't know why I'm so surprised and tickled by this. Hell, I do it too. I guess I've never seen a cliche/idiom come to life quite like that before.

Thought two:
In other news, my fellow grad students and I have decided that universities should have a policy that any and all professors that work there are required to take 3 very important clases/training courses: 1) Management [for their finances and personel], 2) Ethics [because lord knows there's a lot of shady things going down every day], and 3) Mentorship [because they are, by and large, horrible mentors]. If the students are required to take ethics classes, I think the profs should be, too. In fact, it's more important for them because the students have very little pull in such matters.

1 Comments:

Blogger craig said...

Thankfully it was a plesant idiom you got to witness and not, say, "It's a dog-eat-dog world."

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home