Friday, August 11, 2006

A Brief Update on the Job Hunt

No word has come in from the professor at the NIH who said she’d keep an eye out for folks looking for postdocs. Bummer.

I did get a reply from the professor at Vanderbilt and he still can’t afford to hire me. I guess I can’t say that I’m entirely shocked.

So, in an attempt to thwart my shitty luck, I emailed the professor at the Mayo Clinic right away to tell him I was accepting his offer (if he’d still have me). Of course, he is out of town this week and part of next, but checking his email periodically.

I am anxiously awaiting his reply. Based on our exchange of emails last week, he seemed pretty laid back about the whole thing, so that gives me a glimmer of hope. But, like I said, to try and side-step my bad luck, I’m not getting my hopes up too high lest something go horribly wrong.

In other news: I’m all settled into my new apartment and am finding it to be truly “cozy.” It has taken me a little while to get used to having only 4 rooms (total) and remembering where the hell I put things (I only spin around 1-2 times in the kitchen as I try to remember where the damn butter knives are). Slowly I am developing a routine, and I am able to get out of the house faster in the mornings. And everyone knows that the earlier you get to work, the sooner you can leave (or the sooner you can leave without being plagued with guilt, in my case). Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home