Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cash back

Have you ever seen “Stranded with Cash Peters” on the Travel Channel? It’s been cancelled, so if you haven’t seen it yet, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

I loved that show. I really did. I laughed out loud every time. The premise of the show was that the producers would pick a place anywhere in the world, and not tell Cash. Then they’d blindfold him and drop him off – usually rolling him out of a moving car. He’d have to figure out where he was, and get through about 24 hours in a strange place with no money and no second language. He had the perfect personality for this show.

It wasn’t long before I discovered that he had a website and you could email him. I did to say “Hey, I like your show. I didn’t know you had a book out. I’ll have to read it. Keep up the good work.” And what makes Mr. Peters my FAVORITE is that he actually wrote me back. Really! He did! And here’s what he wrote me:

Thank you very much for the kind words. I really appreciate hearing from people who enjoy the show.

Gullible's Travels has been out for a while, but I'm very proud of it and hope you'll give it a go. If you enjoy the show I think you'll like the book, perhaps even more so.

Again, thanks for writing.

Best,

Cash.

How cool is that??

I don’t write fan mail very often. I’m afraid that the person I’m a fan of will assume I’m psychotic (without getting to know me first? The nerve). I just want to tell them I think they’re doing a good job, to let them know they’re work is enjoyed and appreciated. I never expect to hear back, and that’s why I was so tickled to get a response.

I did read Cash’s book and I really did like it. But what can I say? I’m biased.

2 Comments:

Blogger squareaj said...

Are you sure that you didn't get some cheesy auto reply? the book sounds awesome, i may have to borrow it.

andyout

8:23 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I am so sad I never saw this show. It sounds brilliant. I wrote a "fan email" to a couple writers and all of them have written back. This never happened when I wrote to Scott Baio as a child.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home