Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My weekly hell

I am currently sitting in teleconference meeting with my boss and my fellow group members. Out of the 5 of us (including the boss) 2 of us present the data that's been generated over the last 2 weeks since we last presented. Typically, because my boss is such a control freak, these meetings last approximately 4 hours.

When it's my turn to present my data (like it was today) I can stay alert. I have no choice because I get so ticked at my boss, I can't help being alert. When my labmate presents, I usually zone out (at least partially - he can spring a random question on you at any time) and surf the net or work on something else that needs to be done. Don't worry, she does that when I present, too, so I don't get mad.

When it's the alternate week, when the other 2 labmates present, I could spend my time better by napping. Not that I callously don't care about the work that they do, but I simply don't care what they do. If they need my help, I'm happy to give it, but mostly it's my boss being all control-ly with them, and I have little to nothing to add.

We have these meetings in a small conference room with a white board and that can provide some comic relief as we write and draw the stupid things that come out of my boss's mouth. What's even funnier is that he sees himself as a paragon of science. He gets this particular tone of voice when he assumes the guru position to sprinkle us with nuggets of his "wisdom." How he got to where he is in science is beyond me, and I really wish that some of his colleagues could hear the drivel that comes out of his mouth. Their respect for him would plummet.

[Sigh]

Anyway, I just thought I would update you on what was new with me, and the hell I am currently enduring. I also want to thank you for posting your own blogs - they give me something to do instead of drooling on my own shirt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dressage Mom said...

The whole thing is so much funnier to me because I know your boss, Dr. Crazy McSpazzerton. Looking back I only wish that our lab meetings used to be teleconferenced, with Holey Shirt Boy miles and miles away.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Amen to that!

Since that post I've had 2 people ask me if I'm worried that Dr. Crazy McSpazzerton will read it. I highly doubt he would because I don't see him as a blog-reader. Plus, I don't think he'd know to look for it. Add to that, he's so delusional that he might not even know it's about him.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Dressage Mom said...

I forgot to mention how much I miss the hobo shoes and peek-a-boo shorts.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home