Tuesday, August 22, 2006

HOORAY! (For real this time)

Looks like I have *finally* landed a job!
This is the email I just received from Dr. A at the Mayo Clinic:

Kathryn: ... Whenever you have a chance, give me a call at #### to discuss specifics. I know for sure that I'll need 3 letters of recommendation (electronically or hard copy, your choice) and a current cv to begin the paperwork here. We should discuss when you wish to start, etc etc. Looking forward greatly to your coming, and give me a call when convienant, or, send me a time and we'll plan to mutually be at a phone...feel free to send me a # if you wish me to call.

You can bet I both emailed and called (unfortunately he wasn't at his phone) within seconds. I've also updated my CV and sent emails to my committee members and advisor asking for recommendation letters to be sent to Dr. A. All within the last 3 minutes.

And now all I want to do for the rest of the afternoon is look up apartments in Rochester...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

I feel terrible for ruining the party, Lil' K, but I think someone should speak up...

#### is not a real phone number.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Chris - I'm just trying to protect the innocent. I know how you all get - my poor future boss would get all kinds of drunk dialing messages on his office phone on Monday mornings.

Beaker - are you Roastie's mom?

6:13 AM  
Blogger MistressBioNerd said...

Nope, beaker is not me. So glad to hear you got your post-doc! Whee!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home