Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What am I missing?

Would you rather:

a) swing wide, into oncoming traffic (my lane), nearly having a head-on collision

OR

b) drive within 5 feet of some construction barrels blocking off a giant dumpster?

The overwhelming answer appears to be “a.”

Now, last I checked, my Honda, though she be small, is capable of doing considerable damage. More damage than, say, a relatively light-weight construction barrel. Are the barrels scary? Are drivers afraid they’ll jump out in front of their cars, much like indecisive squirrels? What’s with the theatrics? There is plenty of room for them to stay on their side of the road. Am I missing something?

5 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

You've tapped into my enormous fear of construction barrels. The therapy's expensive, but we're making headway.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Dressage Mom said...

It's like those people who turn a little left before turning right. Curb fear. Or joy of extreme turns. Or, perhaps, asshatdriveritis.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Asshatdriveritis seems to be a Cleveland-wide epidemic!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

Kate, I always had you figured for an out-swinger. (But certainly not an asshatdriveritis case.)

Sequitor stretching:
The guy who sits next to me is interviewing the city forester about tree plans.

"How much ash do you want to take down?"
"And where is this ash you're after?"
"How do you pick the ash you want?"
"Did you say mostly young ash?"

7:58 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Chris, I hope you had me figured as an out-swinger based on my love of extreme turns. And who doesn't like to talk about going after some ash? Great way to start the day.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home