Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Have I mentioned the bipolar?

My boss just caught me completely off-guard.

I asked him how he wanted me to get my laptop back to him. He's known to pass down laptops among lab members until they are completely unusable, and I figured he had similar plans for mine.

He told me (in front of witnesses in 2 states) that I can keep my laptop, and think of it as a graduation gift from him.

!!!!!!

I asked him if he was sure he wanted to do that about 5 times. Lab lore tells of a previous grad student who had asked him if she could keep her laptaop, to which he agreed, only to later claim that she stole it. I didn't want that happening with me.

Not only did he tell me I could keep my laptop, but he told me that I should use the remaining funds on my fellowship to buy upgrades for it! This is completely out of character for him - telling someone to spend "his" money on something not going into collective lab use.

The stars must be aligned...

3 Comments:

Blogger craig said...

Get it in writing. Beware crazyman.

9:36 AM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Woohoo!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Dressage Mom said...

That's great, but it does not excuse afore mentioned asshattery.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home