Sunday, June 03, 2007

There was drama, and I missed it

That’s the latest on the work scene. The new MD, Ph.D that joined the lab? Remember, the one that blew The Dentist and I off in the last post? Yeah, turns out she’s a bit on the crazy side and had what I’ll call an “altercation” with one of the other lab members. I’m happy to say that the lab takes care of their own, and the boss dealt with her immediately. Seems she’s reconciled with him, but not with the affected lab member yet. As far as the rest of us are concerned – she’s on probation, and we’re all keeping a watchful eye on her.

In other news, I’ve had a very nice weekend.

Yesterday The Dentist and I went to the local farmers’ market. Very eclectic place – I’d say there were just as many vegetable stands as meat stands, and just about every nursery in town had a booth. I picked up some cherry and pear tomato plants for the back slab and I’m excited to see how they do. In the afternoon I got to hang out with a friend who has a 2-month-old. He’s VERY cute and entertaining. I can totally see why she wants to stay home with him. After a light dinner and brief snooze, it was off to see “Knocked Up.” I was thoroughly entertained. All kinds of my favorite people from “The Office” were in it, and, of course, who doesn’t love Alan Tudyk? I know I love Alan Tudyk. I also want to take Paul Rudd home with me. My birthday is coming up in July. Make a note.

Today I actually planted my tomato plants in some giant pots. The Dentist and I ran some errands during which I picked up a few flowers to plant in my remaining pots (they’re going to look awesome). Then we hit the mall, which I have never spent any significant amount of time in. The Dentist had a rather successful day and was laden with bags. I got a “little black dress” for *$4.99* (now I just need somewhere to wear it), a pair of jeans that actually fit and don’t need to be cuffed, and some new “smell goods.” We even tried some massager things that you can use in any old chair that you’ve got. A nice way to end the day.

Evil Mutant Scientist: I did not forget about your page proofs and will start on them post haste!

FYI: This is post #100. Shiny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

That must be one very little black dress.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home