Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Highlights

I promise not to bore you with the blow-by-blow of what you’ve missed in the last month or so. Wow – I had been doing so well there for a while, posting kind of regularly. My apologies to those living vicariously through me. I have let you down. But I’m here to make up for it now.

OK, November.

Let’s start at the Taste of Italy dinner party shindig that the BF and I went to. Totally awesome. I highly recommend having a celebrated Italian chef come to your house to cook for and with you (or one of your friends). The food was amazing, AND we got to wear aprons and get our hands dirty preparing food (e.g., pasta from scratch, salad dressing, & tiramisu). Great time.

The BF and I parted ways for Thanksgiving, he to FL to visit the ‘rents and I to WI with The Dentist in tow. It was a whirlwind trip (though, when going to WI, when isn’t it?). Good food. Catching up with family. Drunken Scrabble. Seeing Stepbro’s new bar (OK, it’s not just his – he went in with 2 friends), it’s called Malarky’s and is about 2 doors up from The Mint in Wausau. I highly recommend it. Go there. Now.

On to December.

Whirlwind weekend in Cleveland for me. I now FINALLY get to blog about going to Scripturient’s surprise birthday party – a fancy pants party no less – hosted by the illustrious Dressage Mom. L & R were gracious enough to put me up and provide me with transportation to and from the airport. Lunch with SquareAJ’s fam, LabTech and L on Saturday was awesome – with SquareAJ clones running around it was hilarious. Bumming around with LabTech looking for novelty T-shirts was a hoot. Then it was on to the party. I can safely say that I have seen more of Scripturient than I ever dreamed I would. Let this be a lesson to those who dare to joke about wearing see-through pants and a tiger-print thong… you just may get what you ask for. I laughed so hard at that party that my abs hurt a little. [Way better than doing crunches if you ask me. I’ll suggest that to The Dentist next time – she’s my exercise task-master.]

Due to bad weather in Chicago I was able to spend an extra day in the Land of Cleves – a nice relaxing Sunday with L & R going out to breakfast at the Inn on Coventry (again, go there, it’s a must), running errands, watching football and doing half of a crossword puzzle before giving up in whiny frustration. L gets the “Friend of the Year” award for getting up well before the crack of dawn to take me to the airport. So nice to me. Thank you again!!!

And now it’s back to the grind.

December is going to fly by – so much to do, so little time.

1 Comments:

Blogger LabTech said...

SO much fun hanging out on Saturday! I still can't believe our T-shirt experience...what are the chances that someone would actually have that shirt - AND that he would happen to wear it the ONE DAY this year that we saw him - AND that we found it in a store - if that isn't fate, I don't know what is. The BF, you, and I were destined to have that shirt. Like you said..."dorks of the same feather" and all that. ;-) Great to see you - visit again soon!!!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home