Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Holy Hell!

I almost forgot!

On my way to Cleveland via Chicago I met a celebrity while walking through O'Hare.

Me, walking and thinking: Wow, that old man looks kinda like Ben Stein.

Me, walking closer: It couldn't... wait... holy fuck! That's Ben Stein!

Me, stopping: Are you Ben Stein?

Ben Stein: Why yes I am. [shakes my hand] And who are you?

Me, star-struck: I'm Kate. It's nice to meet you, sir.

Ben ('cause we're tight like that): Hi Kate. And where are you going?

Me, in TMI mode: To Cleveland, for a surprise birthday party.

Ben: That sounds like fun.

Me: Yes, sir. It should be.

Ben: Are you in the military?

Me: No, sir. Just polite. [Blush] And where are you going?

Ben: Home to LA. Well, Kate, have a safe trip!

Me: Thanks! You, too!

Probably lasted all of 2 minutes, but was totally awesome. ;) I immediately called the BF and then Dr. Who - both equally impressed. I was geeked out for hours.

4 Comments:

Blogger LabTech said...

Wow - wonder if Ben Stein went home and wrote in his blog that some girl in the airport kept calling him "sir" - so funny!

12:40 PM  
Blogger craig said...

This story was no less awesome at the party. Even though I am still bummed that you didn't invite him along.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Dressage Mom said...

Listen, I'm all geeked out just reading about your experience. I can totally hear him saying all those things in the "Ben Stein" voice. Which would make sense, because HE IS BEN STEIN!

See? So excited and jealous of you. Good thing it wasn't me or I might have peed. Just a little.

4:17 PM  
Blogger craig said...

"Might have" ?

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home