Tuesday, October 14, 2008

C'mon now

This morning as I was riding the elevator up to my floor, a man in a suit got on and stood in front of me. Chances are that he is some sort of clinician. Half of his tie was over his shoulder - the skinny part, not the fat part that usually hides the skinny part. Now, I would assume this guy can afford a decent wardrobe. I'm not asking for anything fancy, but at least decent and in good working order. The back of his tie was coming apart.

And he chose to hold it together with Scotch tape and a small safety pin.

This is what he was displaying over his shoulder. And this is the kind of person who would look me up and down and make a comment about how I "must" be in research because I was wearing jeans.

4 Comments:

Blogger LabTech said...

Being able to wear jeans and a hooded sweatshirt to work everyday makes the top 5 on the "Reasons my job kicks ass!" list! I wouldn't have it any other way.

3:22 PM  
Blogger DK said...

Heh. I...just...I know, dude, I know.

Ew, and he was probably one of those guys who lets his tie drag all over the patient during and exam and turn into one, big, tacky, festering fomite. Blech.

Although the next time you lab rats get all high and might about the jeans-as-work-uniform thing, I have only one word for you: scrubs.

(Which, you know, I don't really get to wear anymore, having eschewed my life of surgery.... there might be a little jeans envy in there somewhere...)

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate doctors.

3:32 PM  
Blogger craig said...

"Fomite" is my new favorite word.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home