Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Significant events

OK, some of you are aware of my neurosis. While others drink, smoke, over-eat or get insomnia in response to stress/anxiety, my body decided that loss of appetite, nausea or flat out puking would be a good way to deal. Consequently, this past week, I lost 5 lbs (5 lbs I can’t really afford to lose considering the freakishly small size I already am). The reason? A week with F’s parents (my future in-laws) and F’s 3 kids. I put all the blame on the in-laws (and F agrees with me, in fact, he brought it up first). They were awful, and because of that they made everyone else tense. Nobody had a good time. They will not be invited back to our home, and they claim they don’t want to come back. Fine by me. We don’t need that in our lives, much less the kids’ lives. Ugh. Terrible.

Also, this past weekend F’s oldest son (he’s 9) moved in with us. Truly, he’s a pretty good kid. Not that I’m taking it lightly by any means, but my anxiety level has dropped considerably and a good reason for that is because he is such a good kid. And pretty astute to boot, commenting “I think Grandma and Grandpa ruined the week.” Amen to that, Kiddo. We 3 are still figuring out our routine and adjusting to each other, but so far so good. Kiddo’s not liking his daycare so much – he’s got to make all new friends – but today is only day 2, and I’m sure it’ll improve with time. School starts on Sept. 2 so he’ll get to meet more kids his age and hopefully make some good friends.

So now my goal is to catch up on some sleep and put some weight back on. One good bout of illness and I’ll blow away in the wind.

6 Comments:

Blogger DK said...

Dude!! Enough with the puking! If I could prescribe across state lines, I'd call you in some Zofran, already.

You know, Ben and Jerry's makes some excellent new flavors. A couple of pints a day and you should be back up to your fighting weight by the end of the week.

Wow, that's quite an insightful nine year old you've got there. Clearly takes after his stepmom.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds awful. I thought the last meeting with them went ok, no? In any case, I hope you're feeling better.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Zofran, eh? I'll have to remember to ask about that at my next appt. Maybe something I could take when things get out of control?

And yes, the previous time spent with the future in-laws was fine. They were fine. The minute they got to our house they changed personalities - no more "on your best behavior."

11:40 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Crap, I wish I dealt with stress by getting skinnier. I'd volunteer to spend time with your future inlaws if it'd knock 5 lbs off my booty.

That said, I'm sorry they were such assholes to you. Hopefully they live about states away, at least?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

I'm happy to say that these future family members live in FL. There is no opportunity for "just stopping by."

6:13 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Perfect. Not only is Florida good and far away, but it's also the default home state of 95% all the crazies in the US.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home