Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Is it just me?

I have a coworker who says that she "doesn't like music." This astounds me. With all of the different genres of music, how could a person not find something that moves them? This seems wholey unnatural to me, people need music on some level or other. She can listen to talk radio until her ears fall off, but rankles at the music played by myself or other labmates.

Today she walked into my tissue culture room and turned off my Christmas music. She only had about 5 minutes worth of work to do in there with me, but couldn't tough it out for that long. I found this rude. If she would have asked, I'd oblige. As she's leaving, she says "I'll be back shortly" which I heard as "Don't turn the music back on because you know I don't like it."

Do you know anyone like this? I find it completely strange.

5 Comments:

Blogger LabTech said...

All I can say is that even the wierdest of labmates likes SOME KIND of music...and I don't even think some of them are human! WTF does that make her?? Is she rude like that in other aspects of her personality? I can't imagine walking into the TC room and turning off someone else's music...although years of TC with Mark made me seriously consider it sometimes!! LOL

3:53 PM  
Blogger Dressage Mom said...

Um, yeah, turning off the music without asking is super rude. Next time just calmly get up and turn it back on. At least that'd what I would do.

And while you're up, come over to my blog and get your award. :)

6:15 AM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

The only other thing about her that could be considered rude is that no matter what topic you're discussing, she *has* to take the opposing view - even if she doesn't believe it or support it herself! She likes to be argumentative in an effort to make the rest of us "more open minded." Last I checked I was already pretty open minded.

1:17 PM  
Blogger DK said...

Music probably interferes with the transmissions from her mothership. There can't be any other answer, because, that's just weird.

Dude. I hope you turned the music back on, and cranked it up louder.

Next time she does that, start singing.

4:24 PM  
Blogger squareaj said...

Maybe this chick is really Wagner reborn to annoy the hell out of her. I think you should take the Sheri approach and turn the music back on, but make sure it is something really sweet like Iron Maiden or DeathClok. if this doesn't work, then just spit in one of her dishes.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home