Thursday, January 25, 2007

You'd be so proud of me

I’ve made a *new* friend.

She’s funny and nice and we’re going to get together with her husband and eat chili. I can’t wait! We click. She laughs at my jokes. I wish I’d met her much sooner.

Making new friends here in Rochester hasn’t been easy and I don’t see it getting any easier in the foreseeable future. My first stab at it was mediocre at best. Boys like assertive girls, right? I introduced myself, asked about his shirt, typical small talk, didn’t sound like TOO big of an idiot. Aaaaand, nuthin. Never occurred to him to tell me his name. Maybe that was on purpose. Nice. Great ego boost right there. I need to find where the people my age are hiding, having fun without me, because they certainly aren’t working where I’m working.

You all need to move here. Pronto.
Or at least plan to visit. Give me something to look forward to.
I have movies I want to see and places I want to explore and I’m too much of a self-conscious social wuss to go by myself. I’m even considering adult classes in fun things that I never got to do in college (e.g. cooking, yoga, beginners Norwegian, etc.), but like I said: social wuss. So don’t hold your breath.

AND, illustrating how selfish I am: my new friend is pregnant and I’m sad thinking that she won’t have time to play with me after the baby is born.

Then I’ll be all alone again. Talking to the TV. Exploring the boundless depths of laziness I am willing to sink to. (You’d definitely NOT be proud of me, maybe impressed, or shocked, but not proud).

Isn’t that sad? Don’t you feel sorry for me? Come visit. Make me a better person.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

Do the pre-born like chili?

9:19 AM  
Blogger neapatt said...

I definitely can't go to the movies alone either...but I promise friends will come. However, if you get impatient and feel yourself drawn to Craig's List or Match.com, call me....I'll be there ASAP:)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

Apparently some pre-born dig the spicy food. My friend has been partaking of spicy Indian food so I'm assuming the little one has not protested.

I can't see myself being drawn to Craig's List (I saw what happened to your friend and the "winner" she brought home). I also refuse to pay for some computer program to match me up. Nothing about it sounds appealling to me. You know the people on those commercials are actors. ;)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

With as wickedly, bone-chillingly, teeth-rattlingly cold as it's been here lately? Hells yes! And I got my (almost) first real paycheck today, so I'm feeling rather flush. Anyone else game?

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home