Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Productivity

This last weekend was a blast.

It started Friday night with Girls’ Nite at the Hygenist’s. Mix some iron butterflies with the 2001 Kids in the Hall “Tour of Duty” DVD and I was laughing so hard my face hurt. If you can’t laugh at a crucifixion machine, you’re dead on the inside.

Saturday BF and I went and cut our own Christmas tree. OK, let me be accurate: I picked it out and he did all the manly work of cutting and carrying. It’s my artistic eye, I tell you. After wrangling it into my car and firmly planting it in its stand at my house it was off to the grocery store for cheesy potato fixings.

Combining Rozzer’s and J’s recipes for cheesy potatoes, I think I’ve found a winner, and have now passed the secret on to BF who promises to use his new powers of food seduction for good. While the potatoes were baking we got all cuted up to go to my lab Christmas party.

My boss lives in a very nice historical registry house on a steep hill. It was a quiet, low-key shindig, but I was happy to have BF meet the rest of my coworkers and put faces to the names I’m dropping all of the time. Everyone liked each other, so I think I can keep him. The gift exchange sent me home with a new Starbucks travel mug and a Christmas CD. I was robbed of my bag of assorted Ghirardelli chocolates. Bastards. And the coworker who did take said bag home with her has not brought it in to share with the rest of us. Can’t say I blame her, though.

Sunday was power Christmas shopping day. With BF’s unparalleled shopping team skills, we managed to get all of the Christmas gifts that I needed to go into an actual store to get. The rest I need to order online. We even ventured to the dreaded Mall and it really wasn’t as crowded as I feared. By the grace of God, we emerged unscathed. Tonight is supposed to be our wrapping night – I’m sure the bows, ribbon and paper will be flying. Don’t get too close, or I’ll put your eye out!

This weekend BF and I are headed to Minocqua for the weekend. He’ll get to meet Stepdad, and Saturday is Dad’s Side of the Family Christmas, where he’ll get to meet all kinds of crazy aunts, uncles and cousins (and Stepmom and Stepsister). If he doesn’t run screaming for the hills after this weekend, I’ll know he’s a keeper… or a masochist.

Meh, whatever.

4 Comments:

Blogger LabTech said...

I think it's safe to say that BF makes you giddy and rather amusing...I laughed out loud (sitting at my desk alone) several times...yep, now I understand why people look at me funny. It's okay - I embrace it. (still one of my favorite Duf lines) ;-)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

hey, fill me in on your cheesy potato hybrid recipe!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lil Kate said...

You have to laugh at work - regardless of who's watching. Besides, all of your friends are so damn witty, you can't help yourself. ;)

The basic cheesy potato recipe remains the same, it's just the little extras (e.g. green onions, which potatoes you use, if you add a pinch of cloves to the corn flake topping) that make it different. But it's always a hit! Everyone raves!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Dr. Who said...

Seems like you are in the Christmas spirit despite yourself...

I'll be praying you don't drop with exhaustion during this weekend!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home